Thursday 23 June 2011

Barbecue at Hound Tor

Gemma on Problem:6 (javu) (V2 5c*)
23.06.2011
So, to take brief break from revision, I accepted an offer from Nick, Gem and Dave to go for a barbecue out on the moor. We initially thought we'd go to Bovey Woods, but eventually changed our minds in favour of the slightly more open and accesible Hound Tor. I repeated a number of problems from our previous trip there, but also managed to get Aerobic Traverse (V2 5c**) and a few more easy-ish problems. I was sorely tempted by Aerobic Wall (E2 5c), but it looked fairly high and I didn't particularly fancy falling from the top, especially without a pad beneath me for protection. I'd like to think I could do it, but probably couldn't. Maybe just as well I didn't try. Also had a go at a couple of climbs on the Skin Graft Boulder, Skin Graft (V2 5c*) and Cosmetix (V5 6b*), although I managed neither, I was fairly interested in them and will doubtless return to try them out again at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment