Thursday 30 June 2011

How to not climb..

Went to Saddle Tor yesterday evening with Chris - didn't manage to climb anything though, everything there seems to be a little bit hard for me - did manage to get most of the moves on the Hidden Traverse (V4***), although losing some skin in the process... After warming up on the Hidden Traverse, we then moved on to the main boulder, where we tried Bjorn Again (E2 6a*) as well and problem:12 (javu) (V2 5c). Unfortunately, as I tried a slightly renegade way of starting up Bjorn Again, a piece of loose rock crumbled and brought me back down again, along with a small chunk of rock - fortunately it doesn't seem as though the climb was at all impaired by this, as the large sloper is still there with only a fragment of the edge missing. Sadly although I took photos, they were taken on my camera instead of on the camera memory card, so I need to figure out how to transfer them now... However, there's no rush, as my fingertips are pretty sore from the moor's granite touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment