Thursday 26 May 2011

Eva is back in town...


Tom finishing Lapse in Taste, F5+
25.05.2011

Finally! For the first time since the beginning of April I've been able to go and climb sport - people are seldom willing to do so, despite it being my favourite style of climbing... Was great to catch up again with Tom, Eva and Gemma, although none of us were climbing particularly hard routes, either because of injury or simply not climbing enough of late. This was Eva's first climbing in over a year. Repeated two climbs I'd done previously at Arch Rock, 'Three Pounds Per Tonne' (F4) and 'Oh Pretty Woman!' (F5) and led 'Room With a View' (F6a+*) for the first time, which was an absolutely amazing climb, although with a tricky top-out where I had to tend a bit further left than I intended despite being very pumped on it. Felt tempted to continue by finishing off the rest of the climbs within my grade there, but we decided that it being quite a nice day, we should go for a walk instead, so we saw a side of the gorge we'd previously not seen. I often forget how much nicer Cheddar is in the summer than it is in the colder months!

No comments:

Post a Comment