Saturday 9 July 2011

I can show you how not to climb an E3/4!

Went to Bonehill this evening as Chris wanted to work his project, The Umpire Strikes Back V2 6a (E4). We arrived and set the top-rope up to 'warm up' on You Cannot Be Serious V3 6a (E2/3), but could barely get a metre or so off the ground. We then moved the top-rope along to The Umpire Strikes Back, and Chris got quite high on it before finding himself at a loss of where to go or where the holds were. I barely got off the slab - could probably have done it in a different way to Chris, seeing as I couldn't reach the same holds as such a tall person, I flailed around wildly for a bit and then came back down. After this failure, we went over to Big Slab. I soloed up problem:74 (3c), a Diff, and then led one of the lines to the right of this problem, which supposedly go at about VS. Quite unprotected after halfway, but quite fun nonetheless and is the second VS I've led! (The first being Aramis on Haytor, 20.03.2011... After this, seeing as it as getting darker and there was a light drizzle in the air, we decided to call it a day and head off...

No comments:

Post a Comment