Monday 20 June 2011

Torbryan - first F6b+!!

Nick on Little White Lie (F7b+)
25.09.2010
Went to Torbryan Quarry with Nick and Gemma on Sunday evening / afternoon, and were lucky to find that we were the only people who had had this idea, as there was nobody else there. Gemma was feeling a bit poorly, and wasn't feeling very up for climbing, but Nick led (albeit with a few falls), Boogie on Down (6c+*) and Little White Lie (F7b**). I seconded Boogie on Down with only a couple of falls (better than previous attempts), and had a go on Little White Lie, but decided not to soldier on once I'd fallen off a couple of times, in order to save my energy to lead Peggy Potato (F6b+), my first 6b graded climb! I attempted it once, but had to stop and rest, as I'd forgotten how to move uo from the first clip, but once I'd sorted my feet out I managed to climb it. Once I'd come down and shaken out, I attempted it again and this time got it clean, although I was fairly nervous at the low crux... Now that's ticked, I feel tempted to work Boogie on Down, although i have yet to second a 6c clean...

No comments:

Post a Comment